If every church in America was proactive in helping foster children, we wouldn’t need or have a foster care system. This would be an incredible display of God’s love. Let’s pray this happens in this generation. Churches are often passive and miss the potential impact. It does not involve a lot of time or money for churches to make a difference.
What are some options for churches who want to live out what the Bible says about helping orphans and kids in need of friendships or a family?
There are many ways for a church to become part of the solution in finding a forever home for foster kids.
- Prayer: organize intentional groups and times to seek God and ask for His provision for kids.
- Giving: set up a designated fund for families who are interested in adoption.
- Partnerships: invite agencies to your church to meet with prospective families and volunteers.
- Gatherings: Support, celebrations, and friendships for families who have adopted.
- Social Media: facebook pages, connecting, shared resources and information.
- Mentoring: Experienced families and individuals who provide coaching and encouragement.
- Teaching: Messages, workshops, classes, and training on adoption.
Our pastor and church would be glad to talk with you as you explore these options.
We would be honored to learn and journey together. If you would like your church to explore options and gain information, please contact us. We enjoy equipping God’s people to do God’s work.
CAFO (Christian Alliance for Orphans) Map: HERE